Our study abroad programs take students on a life-changing journey to develop intercultural skills, explore other cultures through homestays and historical sites, learn critical world languages, and make friends with high school students from around the world. OneWorld Now! study abroad programs bring together a diverse group of Seattle area high school students to foster transformative international learning experiences. Designed especially for high school students, our programs allow participants to:
- gain important 21st-century leadership skills and global competencies;
- experience immersion learning and community service abroad;
- develop lasting bonds within a diverse group of high school youth from the Seattle area;
- build friendships with students from around the world.
OneWorld Now! has over 15 years of experience teaching world languages, facilitating youth leadership development, and organizing study abroad programs for high school students. Students will be accompanied by OneWorld Now! staff and have the added support of in-country partners.
2019 Spring Break Study Abroad Opportunities*** Application opens on Monday, September 10, 2018 ***
MOROCCO: Multi-layered Identities and the French Colonial Legacy
Delve into the complicated history of French colonization in Morocco and learn about Moroccans’ multi-layered identities as it relates to Arab, Amazigh, and European cultural influences. Compare a French-language high school to a local public school, discuss how language informs identity with Moroccan peers, and learn about the fraught relationship between France and North African migrants today. Meanwhile, explore the capital city of Rabat and immerse yourself in the culture by learning basic Arabic, drumming, and Moroccan cooking.
Program Dates: Friday, April 6 to Sunday, April 14, 2019*
*Depending on flight times, students may need to miss school on Friday, April 6Program Fee: $3,590 The fee for OneWorld Now! Spring Break Abroad program includes:
- All program fees, meals, excursions, accommodation, and travel in-country for 10-day program abroad
- International airfare to host country
- Five (5) pre-departure workshops building personal leadership, intercultural skills, and host country knowledge to prepare for the program
- Three (3) intensive introductory language classes prior to departure
- Integrated community service hours
- Re-entry workshop and family showcase
Become an OWN Teacher LeaderOWN Teacher Leaders work closely with OWN Staff to support a short-term study abroad program at their school and travel with students for 10 days over spring break. Learn more.
IIE Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partner
OneWorld Now! took the Institution for International Education’s pledge to increase the number of American students who study abroad.
As of October 2015, the IIE-led Generation Study Abroad initiative now includes more than 600 partner organizations, including 350 U.S. colleges and universities, and 100 from outside of the United States. Study abroad organizations and education associations, as well as 14 country partners around the world, have also joined. In addition, 500 K-12 teachers from 50 states have pledged to take action to encourage their students to develop a global perspective and consider studying abroad when they are in college.
Are you an educator or organization working in the field of study abroad? Take the pledge and join IIE Generation Study Abroad.