Leadership Recap: Global Climate Change Summit
Category : News & Media
Why do we do this workshop?
- To understand the global impact of climate change
- To understand that being a global leader is to put the needs of the world/global ahead of the needs of individuals or nations
- To build awareness of our own biases, assumptions, prejudices, and emotions that hinder us from listening to others
What will students take away from the workshop?
- An appreciation that coming to consensus is difficult because we as humans have difficulty listening to each other
- An understanding of how difficult it is to listen because of our own biases, assumptions, prejudices, and emotions that distract us from listening
- An awareness that global solutions are created by understanding and listening to one another
- A realization that the fate of the world lies in cooperation, not competition