In this OneWorld Now! leadership workshop students go through a series of activities that will help them become more aware of how they make first impressions and how these impressions and assumptions can affect their behavior towards others.
Why do we do this workshop?
- To become more aware of how our first impressions affect our behavior towards others
- To start thinking about where our impressions and assumptions come from and how our experience colors our first impressions
- To compare how people differ in their initial impressions of others
What will students take away from the workshop?
- An understanding of the factors that influence our first impressions
- An awareness that many of our first impressions are acculturated, i.e. determined by our social and cultural backgrounds and experiences