Nine Ways to Give to OWN on #GivingTuesday
Category : Calendar & Events
- Donate. OneWorld Now! is a lean organization that stretches your dollar further than you’ve ever seen it stretch. In 2014, $0.94 of every dollar went directly to programs benefitting our students. We invest your contributions in high-impact areas, like Leadership Facilitation, World Language Instruction and scholarships for summer programs.
- Swap your morning coffee for monthly giving. Small, monthly gifts add up to big dollars and even bigger support. Commit to $10 a month for 12 months by signing up for monthly giving online.
- Ask five friends to donate $10. If everyone on our mailing lists and online communities can rally the support of five friends each, we’ll raise enough money to award over 30 study abroad scholarships to deserving students.
- Apply for a matching gift from your employer. Home to Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks and more, Seattle has some of the most generous Employee Matching Gift programs.
- Can’t make an investment now? Raising awareness about the campaign is equally valuable. Share with one quick click on social media: Facebook & Twitter.
- Volunteer! We love to having passionate, committed members of our community getting involved with the day to day operations at the OneWorld Now! office. Learn more.
- Order take-out or go grocery shopping. OneWorld Now! provides snacks and meals for our students to keep their energy up during our language and leadership sessions. We need to keep our pantry stocked with granola bars and other healthy snacks to keep our students learning. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest shopping list.
- Throw a party! Everyone loves a dinner party so why not host your own event to benefit student scholarships? Make a great meal and invite your friends and family over to “dine for a cause”. Instead of asking them to bring wine or dessert, ask them to bring a donation for OneWorld Now!.
- Be a scholarship hero. Fund a full scholarship for study abroad and we’ll name that scholarship in your honor. The student recipient will send you postcards from abroad. Email email@example.com to learn about our Scholarship Hero Program.