Let’s OWN this Challenge! Size doesn’t matter on GiveBIG – giving does
Category : Calendar & Events
“OWN is my life-changer! I have made many great friends through OWN and I love this program—it’s a family that I can always go to for help in school and life.” – Winnie Tran, OWN StudentGive big or give small but be sure to GIVE to OneWorld Now! TODAY, May 5th.
Our challenge – Let’s OWN it!The first $2,500 our community gives will be matched dollar for dollar by the Seattle International Foundation.That’s $5,000 for our programs…but only if you get us to $2,500 first! Let’s meet this challenge together.
Size doesn’t matter, giving doesA $5, $25, or $100 gift from you could turn into $1,000 for OneWorld Now!. Every donation equals one ticket in a drawing for an additional $1,000 from GiveBIG sponsors. Our goal is to raise $10,000 in one day and, with your support, I know we can. Only donations made today and through the Seattle Foundation GiveBIG website will count toward the challenge grant, Golden Ticket drawing and stretch dollars from GiveBIG sponsors.
How your support makes a difference
“OWN is a community where kids build relationships with teachers and brighten their future.” – Abubakar, OWN Student class of 2015 In 13 years, OneWorld Now! has:
- given 1,500 students critical language instruction they did not have access to in school;
- trained 3,000 youth in leadership skills for the 21st century;
- supported 99% of OWN students to graduate from high school and 98% to enroll in college;
- celebrated alumni appointments to prestigious programs like the Gilman International Program, Rangel Fellowship, Fulbright, Foreign Language Area Studies, Congressional Page program, and the US Department of State;
- opened up access to international education by providing scholarships to over 95% of students;
- created a diverse community of students from over 40 zip codes.